It’s the time of year that things go bump in the night, but before you think you just have seen a ghost, consider checking your vision. Blurry vision affects the quality of life. Many causes exist for blurred vision. In most cases, it can be corrected. Often the blurring comes on gradually
Common causes of blurred vision:
1. Overtired- Before assuming you have acquired a disease, take a look at life circumstances first. If you have had an inordinate amount of stress, or not enough rest it’s possible your vision blurred because of fatigue. Get some rest first and take a moment to check your vision.
2. Dim Light – Make sure when using the eyes extensively, you are in natural or good lighting. Eyes can become strained or fatigued from dim lighting. Blurry vision is a symptom of that.
3. Allergy/Sinus Medication – Allergy/Sinus medication contains a chemical called antihistamines. It has a tendency to increase the pressure inside your eye. Eyes are filled with vitreous humor. Too much of this fluid or not enough cause eyes to bulge or wave blurring the vision. When the medication ceases then the blurred vision often disappears.
4. Corticosteroids – If you have asthma, colitis, arthritis or a breathing disorder it is likely you are on a corticosteroid. Prescribed by doctors to improve breathing or relieve pain their effectiveness is well known. All medications have side effects and blurry vision happens sometimes with corticosteroids.
5. Low Blood Sugar – If you are hypoglycemic and your sugar level drops below a certain level your eyes will become blurry. Common during over dieting make sure you eat enough to maintain your system.
6. Diabetes – A metabolic disorder, diabetes affects many systems in the body. Long term diabetics often develop vision problems. Doctors recommend diabetics to get their eyesight checked regularly since diabetes causes blindness. Blurred vision in a diabetic often indicates an imbalance in the sugar level.
7. Small Stroke – When a mini stroke happens blood stops flowing to the brain blurring vision. Often vision blurs for a time.
8. Myopia – Simple aging of the eyes often results in myopia, near sightedness. It can be easily corrected with a LASIK procedure.
9. Cataracts – As we age a cloudiness may fill the cornea of the eyes. This blurs the vision permanently but laser eye surgery can relieve this and restore nearly full sight if no other issues exist.
Long-term blurry vision can become dealt with. Procedures exist to take care of the problem. When your vision consistently blurs check into a clinic like Houston Lasik & Eye. Explain your eye issue to the staff, they will be glad to share information and brochures with about procedures that might help. If you make the decision that you may want to have the surgery done, then set up a consultation with one of doctors at the clinic. They are experts at determining if your blurred vision can be helped with one of the varieties of LASIK treatments available in Houston. Call and set up your appointment today.
Houston Lasik & Eye leads in providing premium LASIK technologies to Houston, Sugar Land, and the surrounding region. The center’s award-winning medical director introduced revolutionary technologies such as iLASIK to the region. This technology is used by NASA astronauts, Navy SEALS and Air Force fighter pilots. At Houston Lasik & Eye, you can now receive the same treatment. For more information, please call (281) 240-0478.