Vision ranks as one of our key senses to navigating the world. Keeping your vision in the best shape possible should be a priority as we age. Part of aging involves the lens becoming less flexible when no disease process is present. With a disease, finding ways to maximize our senses makes for better quality of life.
1. Top level doctors with a passion for their work make for better quality of lives in their patients. Explore the possibility of improving your eyesight with this procedure with leading experts.
2. LASIK surgery at top quality clinics evolves as a process. The doctor will not do the procedure because you say so. Top level clinics have counseling and consultation with diagnosis before ever doing surgery like Sugarland Eye & Laser Center in Houston. Prepare yourself to have an intimate chat about your eyes.
3. The LASIK eye surgery process is not new. According to www.statista.com the number of LASIK surgeries performed from 1996 to 2014 ranks just about 1,100,000. An impressive figured considering insurance does not pay for the procedure in most cases. It is considered and elective surgery even if your blindness could be solved by the process. Insurance does not propagate the surgery; word of mouth from patients with successful improvements has fueled the trend toward LASIK surgery and good, caring doctors doing what is best for patients despite the insurance mandates.
4. LASIK surgery in many cases is around $2000. Do not consider the price. Your eyes are precious so take the time to find and expert like Dr. Khokhar and his staff. The surgery takes a precision and skill that is not common. Assessing the best method or approach for your eyes takes an expert.
5. The surgery has an extremely high success rate. Many patients’ vision becomes restored to the point of not having to use their glasses anymore. The FDA and Consumer Report both state similar findings. FDA initiative from 2009 stated that the rate of success depends on the skill level and evaluation of the doctor performing the surgery. Most patients report improved vision within a short time that maintains for years. Consumer Report had 80% of patients surveyed stating they were completely or very satisfied with the results. Seeing a clock upon waking was the grandest joy reported by patients. Patients who were not quite as satisfied often stated that they should have elected to have the surgery sooner since other complications from disease or injury complicated the outcome. Frankly, some disease processes the surgery does improve eyesight but not as dramatically as in the more common ailments.
6. Improvement of the overall quality of life. The surgery allows more choices for a patient and lets them maintain a lifestyle that is independent.
7. The FDA deemed it a good surgery to have. They state that carefully screened patients with reasonable expectations will have the best outcomes with the procedure. FDA approval for surgery often is difficult but with LASIK all the pieces were in place.
8. The surgery saves money in the long term. Buying glasses for eyes becomes expensive. Though the initial cost of surgery is high but after that the cost of maintenance is small.
9. NCBI reports older people with low vision experienced heightened bouts of depression and anxiety. They lessen the amount of activities they participate in since struggling to see takes much energy. LASIK surgery solves these problems.
10. The LASIK surgery takes less than a half hour. Quick, easy, and nearly painless the outcome makes it well worth the effort.
Sugarland Eye & Laser Center leads in providing premium LASIK technologies to Houston, Sugar Land, and the surrounding region. The Center’s award-winning medical director introduced revolutionary technologies such as iLASIK to the region. This technology is used by NASA astronauts, Navy SEALS and Air Force fighter pilots. At Sugarland Eye & Laser Center, you can now receive the same treatment. For more information, please call (281) 240-0478 or visit us at www.houston-lasik.com.
About the Author
Amjad Khokhar, M.D. is Chief LASIK Surgeon at Sugarland Eye & Laser Center. Add Dr. Khokhar on Google+ here.